Thursday, March 27, 2008

DID YOU KNOW DEXTER CAN READ BOOKS TOO? TODAY, A FEW WORDS ABOUT 'PEOPLE'....



AS YOU CAN SEE, I KEEP MY EYE ON THINGS......

Aside from knowing that Lisa and Chris take good care of me, I also notice a lot about how they live. In fact, I notice a lot about what their friends act like when they come to visit. There is always a lot of laughter and 'people talk' going on when they have company.

They take me traveling all over the country - each
time we go somewhere, I notice how people act, so I took up reading a bit from
'HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE' so I'd know not only how to be a
better dog, but understand those humans too.


I've learned so far, that when dealing with people you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but emotion. Yes, that's from this book I'm reading. More from this book says people have certain prejudices and are motivated by pride and vanity. Hey, I don't think we dogs have any of that going on in us, but then I haven't read any people-written books on dogs yet. I'm guessing people will probably write books about us based upon how they see things - that could be interesting, but for now I want to know more about people.

According to Professor John Dewey (a philosopher),
he says the deepest urge in human nature is the 'desire to be important'. He gave examples of Abraham Lincoln and Charles Dickens as examples since they were poverty-stricken.

I guess the chance to wear the latest styles in clothes; drive the best car, and live in a big fancy house are some of the things that motivate people and make them feel important.
Wow - now that takes a lot of hard work and money to
do all that I'd imagine! Anyway, it goes on to talk about 'heart hunger' - and I see it says that APPRECIATION OF EACH OTHER
satisfies that 'heart hunger'. Hmmmm - I'll keep reading this and putting a few excerpts from this book on my 'blog', when I get over being 'tummy hungry' - right now, I've got to rustle up something from the kitchen....let's see what Lisa made today!

More reading after my walk and my nap. Dexter.