Sunday, April 6, 2008

CHILI - TWO THINGS IT ALWAYS REQUIRES: ONE BIG COOKING POT - AND CHILIES!


You've just got to have a good-sized pot for making CHILI - don't try to do it without one that will hold all the good stuff you're going to put in.
We just went to a CHILI-COOK-OFF - they told us that
to participate in an 'official' cook-off means NO BEANS in the chili! Wow,
I'd miss the beans I think, but you could always put in SHELLED CORN (I still don't think they 'flies' with the judges in a contest).
I was out of my regular beans; put in frozen sweet corn with my ground-up turkey and it was darned tasty!
IF YOU GO GREEN: It's all about the green
chilies - tends to be a lot hotter too. If you think it will be too hot,
use part of that batch as a 'topping' for tortilla chips - think DIP, and it's done.


Take the rest of the GREEN, and GO RED; you can reduce that heat, by adding one can of PORK AND BEANS; and 2 cups of STRONG
LEFT-OVER COFFEE. This will salvage that GREEN STUFF if you tried out that recipe, and your family started screaming for WATER!

You can also use that 'too hot green stuff' to marinate your WHOLE CHICKEN - as it roasts, 'baste it' with that marinade - one or two cups of ginger ale in the roaster will keep it moist, and further reduce 'the heat'.
I promise the Cincinnati Chili Recipe will be
up here after I throw a few more ideas in front of you.


ENJOY THE CHILI FACTS AND HISTORY LINK - IT WAS
INTERESTING TO ME.